The ‘Copse’ and the ‘Glebe’ are nestled deep in the Dorset countryside, somewhere you can completely relax and experience camping with a difference.
The Yurts are built locally following a traditional Mongolian design; they are set apart from each other so you will never feel rushed or crowded. Each yurt is built on raised wooden platforms. Whatever you choose to do during your visit, you can end the day stargazing by your own log fire.
The ‘Copse’ sleeps 4/5, and equipped to offer a comfortable yet simple way of life, it is decorative and comfortably furnished with futons, wood burner and cutlery. Bed linen and duvets are also included.
The ‘Glebe’ sleeps 2/3, and is furnished as above with double and single futon. Bed linen and duvets are also included.
Near the ‘Copse’ and ‘Glebe’ is your own shared kitchen area, for use only by residents staying in the yurts, which consist of kitchen units, two camping cookers, pots, pans and utensil’s. If however you don’t fancy cooking then just a stones throw away is Home Farm Shop, Why not choose something from the amazing, mouthwatering menu in Abigail’s Kitchen, that includes full Farmhouse English breakfast, light lunches and afternoon teas. And if you are feeling really lazy after a busy day exploring, why not look through the specials menu and have dinner delivered to your yurt door (what could be better?)
What is in your yurt?
- Bed linen, pillows and duvets
- Wood burner and log basket (we will supply you with your first full log basket, some kindling and fire lighters, top ups can be purchased from Home Farm Shop)
- Cool Box – on arrival you will have two or three frozen ice packs in your cool box, when they need re-freezing we will swap them for frozen ones
- Tea, Coffee, Sugar and 1 pint of milk for your first morning warm drink
- Mugs, glasses’, plates and cutlery etc
- Cooking equipment for your BBQ and gas stove
- BBQ and Fire Pit (charcoal, logs and kindling etc available from Home Farm Shop)
- Table and chairs
- Wind up lantern
- Water carrier
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid box
- Table and chairs
- 1 x umbrella
What to bring?
- Towels and toiletries
- Tea Towels, washing up liquid, kitchen cloths
- Waterproofs, wellies, walking boots (as we all know the Great British weather is known to be very unpredictable)
- Torches (for night when the moonlight just isn’t quite enough)
- Check in for the ‘Copse’ and ‘Glebe’ is from 3pm – if arriving late please let us know
- Check out time is 10.30am giving you enough time for a lovely lay in
- No dogs allowed on our yurt stays
- Yurts are an amazing experience for children; we aim to be as child friendly as possible, travel cots available on request, but please could you bring your own bedding for these including sheets